Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Weigh-in

Highest Weight: 263lbs
WW Starting Weight: 231.8lbs
Last Week's Weight: 227.8lbs
Today's Weight: 227.0lbs

Not going to lie, I was a little disappointed with this morning's weigh-in. Mostly because two days ago I was in the 225's. And then I had two great days, so not really sure what happened (ah, the danger of daily weigh-ins!). The only thing I'm thinking is that my system is probably a little backed up since I had to take Immodium on Wednesday due to a dental procedure (the joys of IBS...). So that's probably why, but it still kind of sucks. At least the scale went down, though!

Some of my favorite blogs do a sort of weekly round-up on weigh in days, so I thought I would start. Here goes:

Diet:

I think I did great this week with my diet. If anything, I am a little lacking with fruit, so my goal for next week is a minimum of 2 fruits a day. I do great with veggies in my meals, but whenever I snack I tend to go more towards carbs (pretzels, granola bars, etc) rather than fruit, so I need to work on that. My meals, though, we're great. I tried 2 new recipes (honey-soy chicken and buffalo chicken pasta) and they both turned out awesome.

Exercise:

I definitely killed it this week with exercise. Like, some type of movement every single day. Actually, I did formal workouts 6 out of 7 days, and on the 7th day I painted for 3 hours, so it was like a workout. My husband and I have also been going for nightly 2 mile walks with our son after dinner, which I love. I feel like it really helps with digestion and I feel so relaxed after our walks. I definitely want to keep up this habit next week.

Mental Health:

Honestly, I've been struggling with anxiety and negative thoughts this week. I always have issues with anxiety, but this week some depression snuck in, too. Yesterday was really bad. As in, I really wanted to give up on this weight loss journey and binge. But I didn't, and to me that is a huge victory. When I wanted to eat/binge, I did zumba instead. I honestly didn't enjoy the workout, but it kept me out of the kitchen for a while, which was necessary. Sometimes I just get so frustrated. I feel like I am trapped in this body that doesn't feel like mine and I just want all of the excess fat gone immediately. Then I start feeling bad about myself, my self confidence tanks, and I want to eat away the pain. It's such a vicious cycle. This week, I want to focus on my thoughts and trying to say more positive things to myself, rather than all this negative self-talk.


So that was my week. It wasn't perfect, but definitely a step in the right direction. This week, I am starting Body Revolution and am so freakin' excited! Also, my husband and I are going on a date-night tomorrow, which is sooo rare for us - as in, this is our 2nd time getting a babysitter this entire year - so that will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment