Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Running and Weekly Workout Plan

So as I mentioned earlier, I love to run. It's my favorite workout. No matter what other type of exercise I try, nothing seems to work me as hard or change my body as much as running does. Luckily, I enjoy it while it's happening, too! After a few months off from working out (welcome 34lb weight gain!) I have been back at running for the last 3 weeks. I'm really excited that the mileage has come back much faster than I expected it to. I was kind of worried I would have to completely restart the Couch-to-5K program that helped me break into running last year, but luckily my body must have built some good muscle memory because I am already up to running 27min at a time without stopping.

Now, I know you're probably thinking "27 min - that's kind of a random amount." But what I did was start with 20 min straight and  have added one extra minute of running with each progressive workout. While it started off super tough, today was the first day where I felt like I am actually getting back into the swing of things. No huffing and puffing, just running and enjoying the motion. Maybe it's because I put on some TV (I've been running on my treadmill since there is no way in hell I'm running outside in the 90 degree heat), so it was easier to distract myself while watching a show than just staring at a blank wall, which I know is shocking to everyone out there.

Anyway, I think I might start posting my weekly workouts every Sunday, since I usually think of my week from Monday - Sunday. But since I didn't post this Sunday, here's my plan for the week:

Monday - Treadmill Run Complete! Total of 52 min on the treadmill, including 29 min of running
Tuesday - Cathe's Low Impact Circuit Complete! Did 40 min of the tape.
Wednesday - Treadmill Run Complete! Total of 55 min on the treadmill, including 30 min of running
Thursday - Cathe's Low Max Step
Friday - Treadmill Run
Saturday - Rest
Sunday -   Bike and/or Exercise Video

I also really want to go swim some laps, since I'm planning on completing my first triathlon this fall and want to start getting in the swing of things (official training will start mid-July). First, though, I'll need to go buy some goggles and possibly a swim cap. Also, need to see when I can go that it won't conflict with my son's schedule (he's at a learning day camp and I have to pick him up every afternoon). Maybe Friday I'll switch out treadmill for swimming? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment